Favoured above many other stone products, granite is valued for its resistance to acids and its hardness. It is a porous stone and can be stained or damaged if not sealed before use.
On the other hand, granite tiles are easier to work with because they are smaller and lighter than marble.
Due to its resistance to acid and its hardness, granite is becoming an increasingly popular choice for countertop.
This article will guide you to cleaning and maintaining your Granite surfaces so that it will be in optimal condition and last longer.
How to clean your Granite Floor
Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner
Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner cleans and cares in one single step. It removes dirt and contamination when wiping. Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner also refreshes the colours and forms a dirt-repellent film. Contains no wax and doesn’t make the floor slippery. Pleasant fresh scent. For glazed and unglazed floor tiles.
We recommend the use of Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner for your floors.
1. First sweep the floor to remove loose dirt.
2. Put 25 ml of Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner into one bucket (5l) of warm water and mix well.
3. Mop the floor.
4. Rinse the mop frequently in a separate bucket of clean water.
5. Do not rinse the surface, but leave to dry naturally.
How to clean your Granite Countertop
1. Put 25 ml of Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner into one bucket (5L) of warm water and mix well.
2. Using a cloth, wipe the countertop with the mixture.
3. Rinse the cloth frequently in a separate bucket of clean water.
4. Do not rinse the surface, but leave to dry naturally.
How to Maintain and keep your Granite in good condition
To maintain your Granite, we recommends using Granite and Marble Impregnation once a year or so.
Granite and Marble Impregnation
Granite and Marble Impregnation is a ready-to-use special impregnation that protects against oil, grease and water marks. It also helps to block dirt, moisture, paint, oil and grease, and makes cleaning easier. In the event of a spill, any staining liquids can be wiped off easily before they penetrate the surface. Finally, it protects grout against water and oil-based marks.
1. Ensure that the base is clean, dry and absorbent before the treatment.
2. Apply the undiluted product liberally, in an even layer – according to how absorbent the base is – using a soft brush or plastic roller.
3. A second application will make it more effective, but only apply as much as the base can absorb.
4. Let it sit for about 1 hour, then use a dry, absorbent cloth to wipe away any impregnation that did not soak in. Do not leave any streaks.
5. The drying time is 3 to 4 hours; do not step on the treated surface during this time.
6. The impregnation will take full effect after 24 hours
Hi-Glitz also provide professional service in cleaning, maintenance and restoration of marble surfaces.
We have more than 15 years experience and is one of the few experts in Singapore that specialises in granite surfaces.
Check out our services today and book us for a no-obligation quote.