Agglomerated marble is formed of marble or stone chips and dust. The binder can be epoxy or other resins.
While agglomerated marble tiles are very beautiful, using the wrong cleaning chemical can make the surface dull, look scratched all over, and possibly fade in colour. It may even go white.
In extreme cases, the wrong chemicals may result in cleaning marks (circular wiping or mop marks) are often obvious and can be seen across adjacent tiles. This is because agglomerated marble is very a sensitive tile.
This article will guide you to cleaning and maintaining your Agglomerated Marble so that it will be in optimal condition and last longer.
Products you will need:
Marble and Stone Wash and Shine
Marble and Stone Wash and Shine is a concentrate for regular everyday care. With regular use of Marble and Stone Wash and Shine, the penetration of dirt into the surface is reduced, and the appearance of the coating is improved. The surface is more beautiful, the colour and structure enhanced. Shines without polishing. For all marble and stone surfaces. For flooring, window sills, wall coverings and kitchen worktops.
Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner
Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner cleans and cares in one single step. It removes dirt and contamination when wiping. Marble and Stone Neutral Cleaner also refreshes the colours and forms a dirt-repellent film. Contains no wax and doesn’t make the floor slippery. Pleasant fresh scent. For glazed and unglazed floor tiles.
How to clean your Agglomerated Marble Floor
1. First sweep the floor to remove loose dirt.
2. Put 25 ml of Marble and Stone Wash and Shine into one bucket (5l) of warm water and mix well.
3. Mop the floor.
4. Rinse the mop frequently in a separate bucket of clean water.
5. Do not rinse the surface, but leave to dry naturally.
How to clean your Agglomerated Marble Countertop
1. Put 25 ml of Marble and Stone Wash and Shine into one bucket (5l) of warm water and mix well.
2. Using a cloth, wipe the countertop with the mixture.
3. Rinse the cloth frequently in a separate bucket of clean water.
4. Do not rinse the surface, but leave to dry naturally.
How to Polish your Agglomerated Marble
To polish your Agglomerated Marble, we recommends the use of Marble Polish.
Marble Polish gives matte and dull coverings a fresh appearance and also protects new coverings against watery stains and dirt. Regular application of Marble Polish diminishes the signs of use and run marks. Marble Polish makes it easy to polish and creates a brilliant gloss. In addition, slight scratches are evened out.
1. Shake the Marble Polish well before use.
2. Spray thinly and evenly onto the surface, distribute with a clean cloth or sponge.
3. Subsequently polish with a dry, soft cloth.
4. In case of strongly absorbent materials, repeat the procedure.
5. Thorough polishing increases the degree of gloss.
How to Maintain and keep your Agglomerated Marble in good condition
To maintain your Marble, we recommends using Granite and Marble Impregnation once a year or so.
Granite and Marble Impregnation
Granite and Marble Impregnation is a ready-to-use special impregnation that protects against oil, grease and water marks. It also helps to block dirt, moisture, paint, oil and grease, and makes cleaning easier. In the event of a spill, any staining liquids can be wiped off easily before they penetrate the surface. Finally, it protects grout against water and oil-based marks.
1. Ensure that the base is clean, dry and absorbent before the treatment.
2. Apply the undiluted product liberally, in an even layer – according to how absorbent the base is – using a soft brush or plastic roller.
3. A second application will make it more effective, but only apply as much as the base can absorb.
4. Let it sit for about 1 hour, then use a dry, absorbent cloth to wipe away any impregnation that did not soak in. Do not leave any streaks.
5. The drying time is 3 to 4 hours; do not step on the treated surface during this time.
6. The impregnation will take full effect after 24 hours
Hi-Glitz also provide professional service in cleaning, maintenance and restoration of marble surfaces.
We have more than 15 years experience and is one of the few experts in Singapore that specialises in Marble surfaces.
Check out our services today and book us for a no-obligation quote.