If you are having Terrocotta Roof likes most of the older semi-detached homes in Singapore, cleaning the roof may be a pain.
This article guide you on how you may clean your terracotta roof
Products you need:
Algae and Moss Remover
Algae and Moss Remover
Algae & Moss Remover is a self acting concentrate that removes algae, mosses and green layers and protects against re-infestation. Algae & Moss Remover may be used in all exterior surfaces of stone, wood, glass, concrete and ceramics. Algae & Moss Remover may also be used for patios, driveways, house facades, pavements, roofs, fences, roof tiles and roofing felt, paving stone, clinker bricks and flag stones, terracotta, etc.
Tile and Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline
Tile and Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline is a powerful basic cleaner concentrate for the gentle removal of old floor care product residues, stubborn dirt, crusted on grease and yellowed patches. Tile and Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline may be used for all interior and exterior alkali-resistant surfaces. For tiles, ceramic floor panels, porcelain and natural stones. Also for plastic, PVC and rubber coatings. Ideal for basic cleaning before applying protection and care products.
To clean your terracotta roof, we recommend 2 cleaning agent:
1. Algae and Moss Remover - Algae & Moss Remover permits self-active removal of algae, green patina and green deposits and protects against recurrence. If your roof has green colour to black colour residue after moonstone season, it is very likely that your roof has algae and moss growing on them.
2. Tile & Stone Basic Cleaner, Alkaline - Tile & Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline facilities thorough, powerful and gentle removal of old floor care residues, polish films, wax and self-gloss layers, stubborn dirt, fat encrustations, yellowing and nicotine deposits. Soiling can be easily washed off with water.
Make sure you are wearing slip resistant shoes. The roof tiles are slippery, especially when wet.
Make sure that your ladder is stable before climbing up the ladder.
It helps if you have someone at the foot of the ladder passing you items as needed.
How to Clean your Terracotta Roof:
1. Dilute Tile & Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline up to 1:10 and pour it into the cleaning agent tank.
2. Adjust dosing controller to Minimum or Level I.
3. Spray the pressure washer over the roof and allow Tile & Stone Basic Cleaner Alkaline to work in briefly.
4. Dilute Algae & Moss Remover with water up to 1:20 and pour it into the cleaning agent tank.
5. Spray the pressure washer over the roof and allow the roof to dry naturally.
Have fear of heights? Worried about safety issues.
Have no fear! Hi-Glitz Pte Ltd offers cleaning services in Singapore and will cheerfully assist to clean roofs.
If you would like to engage our services to clean your roof for your home, please contact us for a no-obligation quote.